cylinder sleeves

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: cylinder sleeves
From: Scott Cowle <scowle@mentorcollege.edu>
Date: Fri, 10 May 2002 10:27:03 -0400
    I got the other head off the 440 last night and it is bad news. The #8
piston is melted right down to the first ring land. So I think it would need
a new piston, rings ,and possibly a resleeve of that cylinder as the late
thinwalled 440's don't like to be bored much. So what do you people think
about resleeving a block for LSR use. I do have a spare block that has not
been bored out yet so that is an option but that would mean not being able
to drive the car the rest of the year. Anyone use sleeved blocks? I figured
guys running old flatheads and the Arduns and such must have to get new
sleeves put in sooner or later, am I right? I am not at all upset by this
cause it is a small price to pay for the fun I had April 28-29 at
Scott