Re: Back to World Records!

To: "Malcolm Pittwood" <MPittwood@compuserve.com>,
Subject: Re: Back to World Records!
From: "Louise Ann Noeth" <lanoeth@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 24 May 2002 11:08:34 -0700
Malcolm makes the differentiating point: Mickey chose to run under FIA
rules. That means you make the decison to wear the laurel wreath if
successful and take your lumps if you fail. Changing criteria midway is
simply not honorable and dilutes the accolade earned by those who prevail
against the odds.

No one begrudges Mickey's memory as one of the most inventtive and
hard-charging hot rodders of all time, that he never set an FIA straight
mile record on the salt is unfortunate, but true. In my opinion, that does
not diminish his incredible legacy on iota.

This subject reminds me of the fight witrh Breedlove who often claime din
his PR materials that he was the "first over 400, 500, and 600 mph" when in
fact John Cobb was the first ever to exceed the 400 barrier, then Mickey and
finallt Breedlove -- who wnet onto set the first RECORD over 400.

The devil is in the details once again.

LandSpeed Louise