Computer Memory Question, NON LSR

To: <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Computer Memory Question, NON LSR
From: "DrMayf" <drmayf@teknett.com>
Date: Mon, 27 May 2002 08:38:32 -0700
Computer nerds, I have a question for you! I am attempting to revive an old
computer with an Intel P24D cpu. Whatever that is...Why, you ask? Well, I
have an old instrumentation board and software that will work in this system
so I want to revivie it. Now the question....it has the capability of
accepting 2each  72 pin SIMM DRAM modules for memory giving it a total of
128 MB. Here is the description of what the memory should be:

"The R407 VESA 486 system board will support 4 DRAM Bank, SIM A and B use
30-Pin SIMM sockets x 4, Sim C and SIM D used 72-PIN SIMM sockets x 1. The
SIM C and SIMM D support 72-PIN Double Side SIMM DRAM when SIM C and SIM D
set to bank 0 and Bank 1 (Mode 2). "

Most of that I understand, but when I look at the memory table in mode 2 it
shows 2 each SIMMS at 64 MB each and single sided. I search ebay and find
many listed as EDO memory, but I think this was before EDO memory came out.
So what am I looking for? I'd think it would be really cheap?

Any assistance would be really great! TIA!

mayf, the really, really  ignorant red necked desert rat in Pahrump...