Re: Computer Memory Question, NON LSR

To: "DrMayf" <drmayf@teknett.com>, <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Computer Memory Question, NON LSR
From: "Jonathan Amo" <webmaster@landracing.com>
Date: Mon, 27 May 2002 09:45:58 -0600
Mayf,

That cpu chip is a very early model of a 486 mhz. This was before the 486DX2
or the 80486's.
What you are describing there is you need 72 pin SIMM memory. Non EDO. That
was a faster memory by 10ns. The simm memory that was used in those days was
only 70ns. When installing memory in those machines you always had to match
them equally. You had to put TWO of the same chip in other words. You
couldn't mix the 70ns with the 60ns stuff.
You are in luck my rocket friend, I think I have a bunch of that memory in
30 pin, or 72 pin laying around somewhere in a box I should have thrown away
a long time ago, You are welcome to it.

Jonathan