engines

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: engines
From: Scott Cowle <scowle@mentorcollege.edu>
Date: Mon, 3 Jun 2002 10:21:17 -0600
          Well, I pulled the crank out yesterday and more bad news, the main
bearing caps have been moving around in their saddles and both the ends of
the caps and the bottom of the block are damaged considerably, so I have a
spare block and I'm gonna put it together instead. I guess it is time to
step up to a stronger block, seems that 30 year old engines aren't cutting
it anymore at the level I'm playing at. Time to pull out the Mopar parts
book and see what a 440 race block costs. I love this cause I never imagined
that one day I'd ever have to say that!
Scott