Re: Concept of Racing at Bonneville

To: <Nt788@aol.com>, <MPittwood@compuserve.com>, <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Concept of Racing at Bonneville
From: "DrMayf" <drmayf@teknett.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Jun 2002 19:34:34 -0700
Ummm, could I ask a question? Jack, just using you note for access to the
list... Just how many of you are having wheel spin at full boogie? Would
seem to me that adjusting things like rev limiters to reduce power to
control wheel spin just slows down the top speed? Are you all right at the
ragged edge of power anyway? I can see traction control helping to maybe get
to speed or at a roundy-round track but at full out speeds in a straight
line? Just don't see it. Maybe I am just to dumb.  What I would need are
aero controls to keep the blasted thing straight, like a fully controllable
rudder that acts in concert with the steering wheels.

mayf