Re: Traction Control

To: "Waldron, James" <James.Waldron@CWUSA.COM>, <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Traction Control
From: "Dave Seely" <dseely@sginet.com>
Date: Mon, 1 Jul 2002 21:08:40 -0600
Most, if not all of the rules are a result of an accident or incident, or
just experience.  I would think it would be useful to know the history of a
rule so that we can remain within the spirit of it rather than relying on
general terms in the written rule book.  There were a number of things that
I interpreted differently than the tech inspector did, I thought I complied,
but I was incorrect.  This would be a big project but it would be worth
having in order to understand how to make our sport as safe as possible.
Remember that the Tech inspectors are not the bad guys, they have your
interest at heart and the interest of the future of LSR.  The rule book
should be a minimum, if we understood the rationale perhaps we could be even
safer.
Dave Seely
1141 XF/VOT