Re: Choosing the fastest?

To: "Clay, Dale" <Dale.Clay@mdhelicopters.com>,
Subject: Re: Choosing the fastest?
From: "Dave Seely" <dseely@sginet.com>
Date: Tue, 2 Jul 2002 00:16:13 -0600
A funny story.  A friend of mine is into old Speedway bikes.  He was in
Japan on business and had previously heard about a fellow that was
collecting and restoring J.A.P. engines and speedway bikes.  Through his
translator he was saying J. A. P. and J.A. Prestwich and Prestwich, and on
it went.  Unable to get the point across, he resigned himself to not being
able to find it.  His translator still didn't understand but took him to see
a man that was into old motorcycles.  He threw back the first cover and
there was a pristine JAP powered speedway bike.   He said "That's it!  James
A. Prestwich!"  The Japanese gentleman said, "No.  JAP".  If they aren't
offended, then why should we be?
Dave Seely
1141 XF/VOT