Busted!

To: "LSR list \(E-mail\)" <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Busted!
From: "Jon Wennerberg" <jonw@up.net>
Date: Fri, 2 Aug 2002 09:19:00 -0400
I don't know if you've heard, but Nancy and I will be at Speed Week WITHOUT
the #436 bike.  Not only is it not quite ready, but last week I low-sided
the EX250 and managed to break five ribs and a scapula (i.e., "busted").  I
need a new helmet, too, but once again I acknowledge the value of a good
lid, properly fastened.

Too bad I wasn't so scrupulous in my choice of other safety garb -- I left a
few choice tidbits of flesh on the pavement for the carrion eaters.

But then, the new body isn't fitted to the race bike yet, and therefore I
didn't have to spend the last week or so stressing about whether the
two-wheeler would be ready to race.  Now we've got 'til WoS to get it all
together.

We'll be arriving by Wednesday night, I hope, and I'll be helping Ron
Christensen at the 1610 AM radio station (although he won't be there' 'til
Friday).  Anyway, don't be surprised if you see me meander over to your pit
and ask you to talk for a minute or two -- I'll have a recorder with me.
Maybe I'll catch up with you in the staging lines, or at the end of a run.
I'll eventually take the tapes back to Ron so maybe, if he's got time
between runs, he can play your "interview" just before your run.  And stuff
like that.  Heck, please take this as yet another reminder to fill out your
information sheet so Ron will have lots of stuff to say about you, your
team, your vehicle, your sponsors, home towns, etc.

I hope it'll help make the race more fun for racers, crews, and spectators
alike - if we know a little more of what's going on.  We all listen to that
station anyway.

See you on the Salt!

            Jon E. Wennerberg
    Seldom Seen Slim Land Speed Racing
           #436 M/PS/G 1340 CC
2001: 200.471 mph - 2002 GOAL: 220.554++mph
        Marquette, Michigan 49855
          (That's Way Up North)