Re: Us left at homes...

To: Chris Harris <yesford@clear.net.nz>
Subject: Re: Us left at homes...
From: Ed Van Scoy <ed@vetteracing.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Aug 2002 08:25:14 -0700
Yes Chris, the Red Hat IS the official commemoration of a 30th
anniversary. Have your wife ask the list if she doesn't
believe it. You lie & we all swear to it :-)  If you get on
the dyno early in the year, you have time to fix ANY little
thing (or big one) that crops up. My problem was breaking the
motor at El Mirage in May, and finally getting it on the dyno
a week before I was supposed to leave. Too late to fix major
stuff... Won't happen again. Corvette A arms eh? They do work
pretty well - after you "fix" the factory errors.... I got rid
of the transverse leaf spring & went to Koni coil-overs. That
was the ONLY way I could lower the car (ah, for the old days
when a torch on the coils did the job.......) With no
modification to the A-arms, I was able to get 8.5 deg of
caster, which combined with the lowered nose, works REAL well.
The factory setting calls for 5 deg, so that is not as much a
stretch as it sounds. I've never cared for the discs due to
drag inherent in the design, but I suspect (hope) that the
drag decreases with speed.  Good luck on the roadster & give
us a blow by blow on progress. Loking forward to seeing you on
the salt next year......
Ed