Re: Nolan White article

To: Dave Seely <dseely@sginet.com>, Ed Van Scoy <ed@vetteracing.com>
Subject: Re: Nolan White article
From: W S Potter <wester6935@attbi.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Aug 2002 11:51:47 -0700
Nolan said he felt the tire go in the middle of the third timed mile. I was
with Gene and Betty Burkland when they were hearing the story from him.  His
high speed chute didn't deploy and was dragging behind as he went by the
starting line at what I would estimate at close to 350 mph.  He didn't lose
any body work off the car.

Jon Amo talked to him while the car was in the mud and Nolan told him the
same thing.  His pictures on landracing.com are the only shots I have seen
of the car immediately after the run.  Far less damage to the body than when
Tom Burkland got into the mud at the other end of the course a couple of
years ago.

Wes