Re: Cooling system - pressurized - yes or no ?

To: "Bryan A. Savage Jr" <basavage@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: Cooling system - pressurized - yes or no ?
From: Ed Van Scoy <ed@vetteracing.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Aug 2002 20:18:23 -0700
Mayf;
Gotta ditto what Bryan said. With my 18 deg. heads, EVERY
ounce of cooling is vital. I run a 20 lb system, and I spend a
great deal of tome "burping" the system. If you have ever
noticed the funny looking tower on my thermostat housing with
a radiator petcock on it, that is what it is for. That is
above the highest point of the motor. A simple twist of the
petcock lets out any stem in the system. Also, I run water &
Red Line water wetter only - no anti freeze. Would like to
hear other opinions.
Ed