Re: odd thought

To: Rick Byrnes <Rick@rbmotorsports.com>
Subject: Re: odd thought
From: Joe Amo <jkamo@rap.midco.net>
Date: Tue, 20 Aug 2002 11:29:44 -0600
Rick, others,  if you werent there at the 200 mph club banquet to
see Dan recognized as "man of the year",  I have to tell
you,  there is not much of anything as rewarding as watching
someone get recognized for something they have such passion for,

to see the wave of blood, sweat and years of dedication turn to tears
and emotion on Dans face and voice was simply priceless,  this was a
huge highlight for me at speedweek

 things I will never, ever  forget from this years speedweek

Dan accepting his man of year award

Doug Meyer, accepting his 200mph club award and trying
to put into words what it means,
becoming overwhelmed with emotion from years of dedication and heartache

Nolan white thundering through the 0 mile marker with no chute onto
undragged salt, toward the access road and dirt and mud,  I have never
felt so overjoyed and helpless at the same time

and that guy from the south accept his 200mph club award, the funniest
person
I have ever heard, unstoppable,  if anyone has a tape, please let me know

Joe :)