Getting your bike back from the 7-mile turnout

To: "LSR list \(E-mail\)" <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Getting your bike back from the 7-mile turnout
From: "Jon Wennerberg" <jonw@up.net>
Date: Thu, 22 Aug 2002 17:01:47 -0400
After towing the trailer down to the end of the long course after each run
and then fighting the bike into it for the return road trip, I paid
attention to the other bike racers with a hitch-receiver-mounted bracket
that would support the front wheel of the bike and allow for a pair of
tie-downs.  The bike would docile-ly follow behind, and it took only a
couple of seconds to put the bike on the back of the tow vehicle.

Cool idea, so I went shopping for one for me.  I couldn't find a
manufacturer who makes 'em, so I had the local metal-smasher fake one up for
me.  He made a couple of others, too, he tells me, so I'll bring 'em with to
World of Speed and you can decide whether you want to build your own or buy
one of these.  Pretty cheap price, and I'll tell you more off-list if you
want one or to order one or whatever.

Sorry if this sounds like a commercial - I couldn't present it without
sounding like one a little bit...

            Jon E. Wennerberg
    Seldom Seen Slim Land Speed Racing
           #436 M/PS/G 1340 CC
2001: 200.471 mph - 2002 GOAL: 220.554++mph
        Marquette, Michigan 49855
          (That's Way Up North)