RE: Tach

To: "'Bryan A. Savage Jr'" <basavage@earthlink.net>
Subject: RE: Tach
From: "Albaugh, Neil" <albaugh_neil@ti.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Aug 2002 12:48:43 -0500
Bryan;

While we would like to sell everyone one of our DSP products (I work for the
world's biggest DSP supplier-- Texas Instruments), it really isn't
necessary. What is required is decent grounding & shielding on the wiring
and some built- in RFI/EMI filtering in the instrument itself.

I frequently work with our electronic customers (manufacturers) who
experience RFI problems with their products and are looking for magic
devices that won't be subject to the interference. The answer is that there
are no magic devices... some things are more sensitive than others but the
solution is to build in shielding and filtering at the beginning not after
the whole instrument is finished.

Keep the noise out and most things will work OK.

Regards, Neil     Tucson, AZ