Re: Tach

To: <wmtsmith@landracing.com>, "land Speed List"
Subject: Re: Tach
From: "Jim Dincau" <jdincau@qnet.com>
Date: Sat, 24 Aug 2002 16:46:29 -0700
Thanks to all who replied.
     We are running a Super MAG III and it is working fine. I like the
simplicity of no battery to worry about. Blown alchohol is a hard fire to
light evidently as we had no luck at all on Dale Smarts blown alcohol
dragster with various electronic ignitions, they never made it off the dyno.
     In the past when we hooked an electric tach to the primary side of the
mag like Kvach describes we have had trouble with the tach drawing power out
of the input to the coil. We changed to a mechanical tach for that reason.
Howard and Rich's reply about Autometer sounds interesting I will look into
them.
     I wasn't thinking of digital stuff like Skip and Bill were talking
about, I know a mag will screw up electronics without heavy shielding.
Jim in Palmdale