MC rules

To: "list" <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: MC rules
From: "gary baker" <lsr350@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 2 Sep 2002 15:15:30 +1000
G'day
Hey my 3 rule books all say the same thing so they must be correct ,only there
written in a strange tongue called American English ,so I require your good
selves to explain some of this gibberish to this dumb arse Aussie These
questions come from the 2002 vintage rag.
1. page 86 B) kill switch /fuel shut off  states that a positive off switch is
required to kill the ignition ,it also states further on that bikes running
fuel ie non petrol (gasoline ) require a handle bar mounted switch to turn off
the fuel supply . My question is IF I'm running electric fuel pumps can my
ignition kill switch also be my fuel shut off OR do I require a separate
switch
2. Page 94 12) Partial streamlining "There must be no streamlining forward of
the front edge of the front rim "   SAY WHAT IN THE HELL DOES THIS MEAN ? rim
as I understand it to be is a part of the wheel to wit what the tyre (tire )
is attached to, if this means that the front mud guard( fender )cannot proceed
past a point where the rim intersects with the top of the tyre  then it
contradicts the part that states " Forward  front fender coverage may not
extend lower than a horizontal line through the front axle "  this would as I
have seen make a large number of LSR bikes I have seen in pictures non
conforming  or is a fender not considered a part of streamlining i.e. is the
main body of the fairing attached to the frame (streamlining ) not to extend
beyond the rim of the front wheel ? and the fender is a separate entity ( non
streamlining )? and if this is the case then does that stop some one from
combining the front fender and the fairing as a one piece so there is no
separate fender. If anyone has followed me up to this point , do you have any
answers
Gary    Get more from the Web.  FREE MSN Explorer download :
http://explorer.msn.com