Re: Building to the Regs

To: "Jim Dincau" <jdincau@qnet.com>,
Subject: Re: Building to the Regs
From: "DrMayf" <drmayf@teknett.com>
Date: Tue, 3 Sep 2002 06:34:14 -0700
Dead certain for sure. Didn't say don't do tests, just do the minimum you
can get away with. Analyses are far cheaper than testing. Far, far cheaper.
And I remember bending the 727 wings nearly vertical before they shattered.
So testing has its uses. But for a Bonneville car...prolly not... I wold
worry more about counterfit bolts. We made lots of composite structures and
had lots of analysist working on computations. To be sure, it is difficult.
Some things can only be done through testing, others are cheaper done by
analytical work...

mayf