Re: carb. leak

To: Terry Hunt <guambomb743@msn.com>, land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: carb. leak
From: Dick J <lsr_man@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 3 Sep 2002 16:44:51 -0700 (PDT)
Use old fashion valve grinding compound on a piece of glass instead of sand
paper on a block of wood.  Just slide the carb back and forth, holding it as
flat as humanly possible, until the entire mating surface is an even shade of
gray.  Use a TINY BIT of Permatex non-hardening on both sides of the gasket.
The best sealer ever invented, and has been used on more flathead carbs than
either of us could begin to count.
Dick J
 Terry Hunt wrote:After many years, I started the stock engine in my 47 Ford
woodie. The
Holley 94 carb has a small leak between the castings. I replaced the
gaskets. I was thinking to sand the surfaces with 400 grit sand paper using
a flat block. Also was wondering if there is a sealer that might help in
this area. Any ideas would be appreciated. Terry Hunt, Guam Bomb, #743