Re: carb. leak

To: "Terry Hunt" <guambomb743@msn.com>, <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: carb. leak
From: "Glen Barrett" <speedtimer@charter.net>
Date: Tue, 3 Sep 2002 16:19:41 -0700
Terry
Hey old buddy, hope to see you at the gas up. As far as the air/gas leak is
it between the carb. base and the lower part of the carb. or the manifold.
There are several products availble to repair castings that are machinable
after cure. I have repaired pump housings and damaged threads with metal
based epoxy products. I believe LOC-TITE makes a product as  do several
others. One area I went nuts trying to fix was a carb leak and found later
it was the bore of the throttle shaft. I ended up re bushing it and solved
the leak.
Glen