Re: MEK

To: <Want1937hd@aol.com>, <lsr_man@yahoo.com>, <albaugh_neil@ti.com>,
Subject: Re: MEK
From: "Bill Bennett" <bennevl@bellsouth.net>
Date: Wed, 4 Sep 2002 19:48:44 -0400
Yeah MEK makes a nice solvent, degreaser, do it all cleaner except for
plastics. BUT This is some nasty stuff. I deal with almost daily and there a
few things to know about it. Yes the fumes will cause brain damage. It can
be absorbed thru the skin and is cumlative causes liver failure. One other
note this stuff is HOT it is very electrically conductive, the slightest
static spark can set it off. I know used it to thin a high solids paint one
time in an electrostatic paint sprayer. Talk about your ultimate flame
thrower. If you do use it use extreme caution. Oh I know some say phooy yeah
I use to wash my hands in this stuff before I saw the bad side effects.
Greeat stuuf when treated with care.

Bill