Re: Race Car Stability and Safety

To: <ardunbill@webtv.net>, <land-speed@autox.team.net>, <bigsid@webtv.net>,
Subject: Re: Race Car Stability and Safety
From: "Jim Dincau" <jdincau@qnet.com>
Date: Wed, 4 Sep 2002 18:26:00 -0700
Bill,
     You are spot on there. Our modified roadster used to have a 112"
wheelbase, although it went fast and Jerry held the El MIrage top time (256)
for quite a few years, it was always on the edge. Glen used to tell all the
patrols to keep a "heads up" whenever we used to run. Quite a few times I
could read the numbers on the side of the car from the starting line. In
1990 we lengthend the car to 152", this not only made it more directionally
stable but allowed us to achieve a 60/40 weight distribution which also
improved handling. This year Russ said it was like driving on rails at 270.
Jim in Palmdale