Re: Race Car Stability and Safety

To: guambomb743@msn.com (Terry Hunt), land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Race Car Stability and Safety
From: ardunbill@webtv.net
Date: Fri, 6 Sep 2002 08:29:33 -0400 (EDT)
Thanks, Terry, more illuminating input from another who knows.  What you
mentioned about fighter planes not having inherent stability designed in
so they can react more quickly to pilot inputs reminds me that I have
read recently that today's GP motorcycles have moved from the
traditional mc steering that keeps a high degree of inherent stability,
to a steering geometry that has none of that, but requires conscious
effort by the rider to run straight.  The purpose being to enable the
bike to bank and turn more quickly on the course.  Bill