RE: Braggin

To: Drylakercr@aol.com, land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Braggin
From: Dick J <lsr_man@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 6 Sep 2002 11:03:26 -0700 (PDT)
 Drylakercr@aol.com wrote:... ... ...   I think that my dad has had more fun
with
that '39 Chevy than I have.

Yeah, but you could never know or understand how fast the definition of "fun"
changed for him.  For 45 years or so, fun to me was sitting in the driver's
seat, rumble of open headers vibrating up through the seat, the push back into
the seat as the car accelerates, the thrill of speed. In one swift moment, all
of that changed.  Without reservation, I can say that the most exciting and
emotional racing experience of my life was when I jumped out of the passenger
side of the car, slammed the door, and watched through tear filled eyes as my
little girl sped off down the track.  Just writing about it now is an emotional
experience.

Dick J