Maxton

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Maxton
From: Scott Cowle <scowle@mentorcollege.edu>
Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2002 10:59:33 -0600
 From what I remember from three or four years ago when I first started
researching LSR to get involved I think I was told that Maxton is the only
place that does standing one mile lsr. Is this correct? If so does it really
matter if it is FIA approved? In all practical senses a record there is
still a world record if it can't or isn't done anywhere else. No offence to
the FIA.We all call them national records but maybe we are being too modest.
Scott