Maxton

To: LSR List <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Maxton
From: Malcolm Pittwood <MPittwood@compuserve.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2002 15:08:14 -0400
RE:     Maxton

"I was told that Maxton is the only place that does standing one mile lsr. Is
this correct? If so does it really
matter if it is FIA approved? Scott"

It does not matter at all, but style of racing could be done elsewhere.
There are many 2 mile runways around the world - mostly built and paid for by
Uncle Sam.
Indeed last year it was being discussed amongst some here that the 'Maxton
Model' might form a new "short course" World Record Standard.
Did not get too far into the plan and rules.
In Britain we have 8/10ths mile run in into a full 1/4 mile long timing zone.
But we race both directions within 60 minutes.  Surface concrete or asphalt.
Malcolm Pittwood, Derby, England.