Speed Measurements

To: LSR List <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Speed Measurements
From: Malcolm Pittwood <MPittwood@compuserve.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Sep 2002 15:24:00 -0400
Skip and list.

Although Britain has "Gone Metric" - or at least our lengths, weights and
volumes should be quoted in metric - we follow the 'foreign'
length/distance measurements of millimetres, centimetres and kilometres
alongside inches, feet, yards and miles!

I think we thought up 'miles per hour' for speed measuring and we are
sticking to it!  So it will be a 200mph Club and not any metric equivalent.

Malcolm Pittwood, Derby, England

ps. We drink a brown liquid in Pints too (sometimes too warm for visitors).