GT-40 spinner

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: GT-40 spinner
From: stpitt@zipcon.net
Date: Thu, 12 Sep 2002 08:32:51 -700
List,

Ok, a dumb question from the curious.  Why was the GT-40 so prone to
doing 185 MPH dados?  I assume short wheel base but it couldn't be
much shorter than some of the lsr roadsters I've seen.  Or are GT-40s
just an unstable car?  Sounds pretty risky taking such a valuable car
out on the salt if you knew it was a spinner.  But I guess if you can
afford to maintain and race a GT AND a D Jag, you can deal with an
occasional wreck or two.

Steve Pitt - Seattle (sunny!)