Re: Motorcycle streamliners that fell over

To: "Waldron, James" <James.Waldron@CWUSA.COM>, <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Motorcycle streamliners that fell over
From: "Glen Barrett" <speedtimer@charter.net>
Date: Mon, 16 Sep 2002 13:12:56 -0700
Jim
The two bikes that had problems at speedweek were as follows. The 1st one
was in fact a streamliner The problem was the stabilizing gear did not
retract and as the bikes was somewhat wobbly one of the skids hooked the
salt and caused the liner to turn and barrel roll. The liner also had a
parascope to see. This is a problem as one can lose vision to the side and
get off course very easy.

The 2nd motorcycle was a side car. AS I understand the side car had a
support mount bolt break causing the side car to swing to the right and spin
the bike around pitching the rider off. Both riders were not injured.

Glen