To Brake or Not To Brake?

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: To Brake or Not To Brake?
From: Dick J <lsr_man@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Sep 2002 15:59:23 -0700 (PDT)
What are the roads from Texas to Bonneville like?  I've towed my basic,
brakeless, flatbed car trailer from Texas to Florida, to New York, to North
Carolina, and Ohio with no problems. I've never gone farther west than New
Mexico, and haven't ventured into Utah and Bonneville yet.  I'm getting ready
to get a new flatbed to haul my racecar to Maxton, El Mirage, and Bonneville.
Should I get it with optional electric brakes, or are they un-necessary for
hauling my car. When I had an enclosed car hauler, I had electric brakes, and
wouldn't dream of towing such a big, heavy trailer without them, but the
flatbed is so much smaller and lighter. I saved the anti-sway device and load
equalizer from the enclosed trailer, and have been very happy with their
assistance on the smaller open trailer.  I'll continue to use those devices,
but what about brakes? Comments?
Dick J
Yahoo! News - Today's headlines