Blown trucks

To: "land speed" <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Blown trucks
From: "Dan Warner" <dwarner@electrorent.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Sep 2002 05:34:52 -0700
Is that because there are fewer big big motors? Is the
idea to provide some kind limit to the top end?

Some day if there were more blown trucks, do you think a blown-only class
would evolve?
Jim,

When the class was set up the idea was that we see mostly trucks like F150 &
C1500 sizes. We are now looking at earlier models such as those from the 70s
where a bigger motor could be found in the production truck.

As the class gains interest it is possible that the class would be broken into
blown and unblown engine breaks like other classes. A blown 500+ ci engine
would certainly be a handful in a chassis that is inherently light in the
tail.

Dan