Re: World of Speed ... flushed!

To: "Joe Amo" <jkamo@rap.midco.net>, "W S Potter" <wester6935@attbi.com>
Subject: Re: World of Speed ... flushed!
From: "Glen Barrett" <speedtimer@charter.net>
Date: Tue, 17 Sep 2002 10:26:23 -0700
It's always hard to pull the switch, what Dan Warner said earlier about
(behind the scenes for prep and set up) also means all of this now has to be
torn down, cleaned and stored until next year. As I have said many times in
the past we are always dependent on mother nature. Having been to many meets
that had rain, were rained shortened or delayed and totally cancelled a few
times is hard on everyone. The crews that do all of the set up / tear down
are hard hit as we give up a lot of vacation time for these events. Some of
us have more time then others but it's still time away from our families
that also support us in the background.
My personnal thanks go to USFRA for all they do to support the BNI meets and
still try to work in their short meet every year. It's not free and the
budgets are hard hit when there is a weather front that ruins the event.

Glen