Re: World of Speed ... flushed!

To: Glen Barrett <speedtimer@charter.net>, Joe Amo <jkamo@rap.midco.net>
Subject: Re: World of Speed ... flushed!
From: W S Potter <wester6935@attbi.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Sep 2002 12:07:32 -0700
The thing that hurts is the many people who have traveled from so far to be
here for the event.  Team Elves had people coming from seven foreign
countries.  Others got the word in motel rooms as they were already on their
way to the salt.  We have a car coming from Arkansas that is a replica of
the 1934 Pierce Arrow that Ab Jenkins raced before building the Duesenberg
"Mormon Meteors".  Now we send them back.  Bill Hardy flew in from Tennessee
to be at the timing slips.  He has to find something to do with Don Cash for
the weekend.

The Salt Lake newspapers and television stations have planned to be there
for live shots and had already run lead in articles boosting the coverage in
an unprecedented way.  When you get this kind of support from outside the
more traditional Bonneville crowd it's really so nice.

We didn't have wire down, and the water stalled all the other on salt stuff,
but the equipment is out there ready to roll onto the salt.  Now I need to
see if Costco will take back five tables that have never been on the legs.

Wes