RE: Fuel Class

To: "'Albaugh, Neil'" <albaugh_neil@ti.com>,
Subject: RE: Fuel Class
From: "Clay, Dale" <Dale.Clay@mdhelicopters.com>
Date: Tue, 1 Oct 2002 12:30:10 -0700
Neil,

WOW!!!!   What a story, that sergeant must have aged several years during
that 360 degree "ride."  Not much sense in you trying to run away anyway, I
guess.  LOL

Dale C.

Glenn & Dale;

A battalion Sergeant went up in the cherry picker to deactivate the missile
and while he was 40 feet up in the air a powerful gust of wind caught the
platform, broke the shear pin in the cherry picker, and the whole thing
swung completely around 360 degrees (with the Sgt. aboard) and the platform
slammed into the side of the still half-fuelled missile. We all stood there
like bug-eyed statues while the missile swayed back and forth about 4 feet
before-- thankfully-- settling back on the launcher. I don't think that Sgt.
liked his little ride one bit.

I managed to repair the guidance system while the rest of the Ordnance
soldiers found the launch problem-- a burst diaphram in a fuel line that
didn't burst. Only the RFNA had sprayed into the rocket motor and out the
nozzle, no fuel. We worked all night to get that thing repaired ready for
another launch attempt the next morning and when that countdown got to zero,
we got ignition and a perfect launch, down range out into the Atlantic
ocean. The "Ruptured Duck" streaked up into the sky and pitched over
perfectly on its flight trajectory, right over a Soviet "fishing trawler"
bristling with antennas. Take that, Ivan.

So much for war stories.

Regards, Neil     Tucson, AZ

entities other than the intended recipient or employees of
MD Helicopters, Inc. is prohibited.   If you received this in error, please
contact the sender by email and delete the material from any computer..