FW: Jack Mendenhall & Gas ups, Bill Burke

To: Doug Anderson <Boogiewoogie12@hotmail.com>,
Subject: FW: Jack Mendenhall & Gas ups, Bill Burke
From: W S Potter <wester6935@attbi.com>
Date: Wed, 02 Oct 2002 21:22:07 -0700
Doug,

Yes, Bill Burke was there at Speedweek with the white and purple Mazda coupe
#881 B/BMS.  His son Steve's lady, Corin (sp?) was driving the car.  Bill's
grandson was there along with the usual menagerie of dogs.  He's still
active, talkative and fun as ever.  A handshake didn't suffice, he gave me a
big hug.  I'm enclosing a photo of the car with a separate message to you.

Some of Jack Mendenhall's antics on the salt are legend ... best not
repeated here in many cases.  We are all concerned over his well being.  I
know there will be a card circulated at the USFRA meeting tomorrow night for
everyone to sign.  The fact that that complex of his can contain over 700
people tells how large it is but doesn't tell the details of that incredible
collection.  Everyone but those in the racing scene thinks Buellton is only
famous for Anderson's split pea soup.

Wes