Re: w32.busbear virus

To: Jim Dincau <jdincau@qnet.com>
Subject: Re: w32.busbear virus
From: "Thomas E. Bryant" <saltracer@awwwsome.com>
Date: Sun, 13 Oct 2002 17:29:46 -0700
List,

This is likely the same type of virus that has been going around for
several months. I have DSL at the shop and a Winproxy firewall. I also
have Norton on my computer. The firewall catches an average of three or
four messages each day. Once the virus is in your computer, it takes
addresses from your address file and sends you an email. (The real tip
off is getting a message, such as porno, from someone that you would not
suspect would send such a message.) This means you have the virus in
your system. Just because the sending address is Jim Dincau, Tom Bryant,
or ??? does not mean that it came from us.

Take it from me, if you don't have a good anti virus program, GET ONE
and keep it updated. Viruses can ruin your day or your month(s),
depending on how long it takes to rid your system of the intruder. We
have eleven computers on a network at our shop. Getting a virus in the
system can be a nightmare. I know I have been there.

Tom, Redding CA - #216 D/GCC (leaving for the Salt Tuesday AM)