Halibrand Rears

To: "Land Speed" <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Halibrand Rears
From: "Bob Jepson" <Bobbyhotrods@attbi.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Oct 2002 21:11:57 -0400
List,
    I need a line on a quickchange rearend smartguy. True to form, trying to
save few bucks, I picked up a Champ rear housing and bought the side adapters
for early Ford bells from Halibrand (they took my call as they went out the
door for the last time). I brought all my goodies to a pal who's knowledgeable
about such things; he called today and said the 10" locker carrier I provided
was way to wide to fit in there....as I'm listening to him I'm thinking about
the $1400 or so I could have given Joe Timney for a complete Winters.
Anybody got any leads on any good mechanics for these Halibrand things?
Thanks, Bob Jepson in Beantown