Chute Deployment

To: <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Chute Deployment
From: Skip Higginbotham <saltrat@pro-blend.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Oct 2002 18:33:43 -0500
List,
As Bryan noted, Bob Stroud highly recommends the deployment bag. It works
very well and softens the "yank" to a "pull" but alas, it is a bit of a
pain to pack......I have gotten used to it tho and use it.
I have, at times, added a "reef" in the form of duct tape (two layers)
twice aroung the shroud lines about 10 feet in front of the
canopy....driver reports "soft" opening. Speed was over 200.

I'm willing to put strain guages on my car if someone wants to provide them
and the recorder.

Skip