Re: Parachute Deployment Loads broken link

To: "DrMayf" <drmayf@teknett.com>, "list" <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Parachute Deployment Loads broken link
From: "gary baker" <lsr350@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Oct 2002 21:09:49 +1000
http://www.teknett.com/pwp/drmayf/parchute.htm

Mayf mate
Would love to check out your site but alas Error 403.6 my IP address is not
allowed access to your site must be good as it's stirred up a wee bit of
controversy and ruffled a few feathers
I probably win the dum arse of the year award ,took me a while to comprehend
what air brakes had to do with airplanes and streamliners ( over here "air
brakes " are what large trucks and semi trailers use ie compressed air
assisted brakes ) then it dawned on me what you were actually talking about
and it then made sense we's a bit slow down here
Keith's and Dave's Idea of shock absorption systems to help counteract the
high shock loads is spot on ,in fact I have designed a simple but effective
method to achieve this  but if we are looking at 300,000 pounds I'll need to
revisit the project
Does anyone have any stats or data on failures of parachutes The speeds
involved and the effects these failures cause to the stability of said
vehicles if any ?
please some kind sir explain the process of slowing down after that high speed
run ,what techniques do you guys employ and are not parachutes used in
emergency situations  for rapid stoping power  humour this poor sod.
Gary
  Get more from the Web.  FREE MSN Explorer download :
http://explorer.msn.com