Nolan Speedweek

To: "answer landracing" <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Nolan Speedweek
From: pork.pie@t-online.de (Pork Pie)
Date: 23 Oct 2002 19:02 GMT
Hi Folks,

I don't know what the reason was for the failure on Nolan's first run in
August, but Nolan told me something about his return run when he nearly visited
the gas station.

He said, that he pulled the chute twice after he left the measured mile, but
the chute pulled not out, not before he was about 400-500 yards behind the end
of the pavement on the way down the gas station (I done picture there, with and
without the chute).
To Nolan, the chute stucks in his tube and he got no idea why it went out at
last - what he mentioned - may be a small bump set them free. But to this time
he was down to around
250-300 mph.
After this run he modified the chutes to a three tubes (chute) system for FIA.

This as a information for the list.

See ya

Pork Pie