Streamlining and Air Intake on Production Bodies

To: rgribble@carolina.rr.com
Subject: Streamlining and Air Intake on Production Bodies
From: Dick J <lsr_man@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Oct 2002 11:21:57 -0700 (PDT)
I'm in the process of re-working the front sheetmetal on my 1967 Camaro to make
it a full-time Altered.  I'm tired of sticking on five rolls of duct tape
between races.  Last summer, with the entire front of the car totally blocked
off with sheetmetal and duct tape, I ran a little hotter than I wanted to, so I
 am leaving about 100 square inches of intake area open for cooling the
radiator.  I'm at the point now where I can either put an 8" round hole for
ducting carburetor intake from where the left front headlight used to be, or
blocking that area off too and using traditional Chevrolet Cowl Induction for
the air.  I am building this car to run in the 160s, and possibly, eventually,
180s if I get crazy and add nitrous.
Since I'm pushing a brick anyway, is there any advantage to ducting intake air
from the headlight hole, over using the cowl induction.  Any thoughs?  Anybody?
Dick J In East Texas