RE: parachute and air brakes part 2

To: "'Nafzger'" <nafzger@vtc.net>, Pork Pie <pork.pie@t-online.de>,
Subject: RE: parachute and air brakes part 2
From: "Albaugh, Neil" <albaugh_neil@ti.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Oct 2002 11:00:59 -0500
Howard;

I agree with everything you said. By the way, did you see the perforated
dive brakes on the Douglas Dauntless SBD? It's on display in the
Southernmost building at the Pima Air Museum I'll bet a perforated air brake
would generate more drag and less lift than a solid plate.

In any case, these types of experiments should be tried at gradually
increasing speeds, not "go for broke" and hope for the best.

Someday I'd like to see your streamliner!

Regards, Neil     Tucson, AZ