Re: Thanks for a Great Event

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Thanks for a Great Event
From: "Jim Belford" <jimbelford@msn.com>
Date: Sat, 26 Oct 2002 07:06:05 -0600
I agree totally.  This was my first event ever and I really enjoyed it. I
learned alot and feel better prepared for the next event. Everyone (staff,
other racers, even spectators) were thoughtful and that helped take the edge
off especially since I was alone the first two days. It started with Henry
providing great information at tech inspection, Dan Webster helping me learn
the ropes of LSR and crewing for me on day one, a spectator (Pete Zylstra)
volunteering to crew for me on day 2, and Jim making me feel totally at ease
on the start line. Other racers (Jon, Nancy, Russ, and someone from the Amo
team) provided great insight into the course and what to expect and offered
ideas about improving bike perpormance. Mike Mendoza and other racers also
made me feel like part of a select group when I came into the event feeling
like an outsider. And, others here on the list helped me prepare for the
event before I even left home. A special thanks to Gary and Ellen Wilkenson.
And thanks to Dennis for planting the idea of LSR in my head at my wife's
christmas party. You guys are a great group of people and I am glad to be a
part of this exciting sport. Finally, a place where I can go as fast as
possible and I don't have to worry about a ticket!

Jim Belford