Re: Hard deployment

To: <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Hard deployment
From: "landspeedracer" <landspeedracer@msn.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Oct 2002 22:09:40 -0500
List

This weekend I observed one of Bob Stroud's "bag chutes". On a car that had
had all sorts of parachute deployment problems this thing worked flawlessly.
This wasn't a high speed run (190 MPH), but these bags do work. The car has
the potential to go 275 at Bonneville, so he needed to get it right before
his high speed runs.

Maybe Bob would have some input on this high speed (400 MPH) chute problem.
I think he does Vesco's chutes and I'm not aware of any problems with them
at 450 MPH.

John