Re: Hard deployment

To: landspeedracer <landspeedracer@msn.com>
Subject: Re: Hard deployment
From: Bryan Savage <basavage@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 28 Oct 2002 20:32:40 -0800
John

I talked to Bob last week. He does provide Vesco's chutes. He said he won't
ship a chute without a bag. He also related a story that is a good
example of
the unknown variables a work. He added 30 feet to an 80 foot tow line to
make the car feel a little more stable. He always thought longer is better
as far a tow lines go. Wrong! The chute was apparently moved back into
an area of higher wake turbulence and became very unstable. He's still
investigating the problem.

Bryan
PS: He is very concerned about all Bonneville racers and is willing to
try to
help even if you are not one of his customers.