Re: Tow ropes or tow straps ?

To: John Szalay <john.szalay@worldnet.att.net>
Subject: Re: Tow ropes or tow straps ?
From: Bryan Savage <basavage@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 30 Oct 2002 14:08:16 -0800
John,

As I understand it, us taxpayers (through the military) paid to build a
large data base of design
information for flat nylon straps. It is very easy for the manufacture
of the strap to alter the operational
characteristics. The round stuff is more difficult to design and
manufacture.
Two pieces of 1 inch wide 1/8  thick strap can have very
different characteristics.