Re: Tow ropes or tow straps ?

To: John Szalay <john.szalay@worldnet.att.net>,
Subject: Re: Tow ropes or tow straps ?
From: W S Potter <wester6935@attbi.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Oct 2002 18:30:42 -0800
Interesting that the round shroud lines are a tubular weave with a filler of
straight cords inside.  Allows for some shock absorption and back up
strength with the composition construction.

Of all the synthetic fibers I could find in Matthews Textile Encyclopedia,
nylon is the strongest and least effected by UV and heat.  It is also
stronger than the same diameter filament of steel.  Polyester microfiber is
stronger in individual fiber strength but more heat sensitive.    Most are
petrochemical based and the same technology applies to all of that group but
the variations in performance after damage are quite different.  Those
characteristics can be varied greatly just by the way the fiber is extruded
from the spinneret when it is formed.

Wes