Re: This recalls Ak Miller's Olds/27T entry "The Horse of

To: <FastmetalBDF@aol.com>, <squarerollbars@yahoo.com>,
Subject: Re: This recalls Ak Miller's Olds/27T entry "The Horse of
From: W S Potter <wester6935@attbi.com>
Date: Thu, 31 Oct 2002 14:03:21 -0800
Caballo de Heirro (sp) Home built Hot Rod takes on Mercedes 300 ... lots of
stories about it in Hot Rod and other publications at the time.  Oldsmobile
V8 engine if I remember correctly.

Ak Miller, Ray Brock and friends took a re-creation of the car South for a
re-run of the race several years back.  Ray was telling stories about it at
the Timing Slips tent at World of Speed and had us all enthralled.  I think
that was the year Ak got into the 2 Club.  They left a trailer full of parts
down there and took a new, manufacturer licensed, '93 or '94 Jeep Grand
Cherokee V8 down to retrieve the rig.  Wouldn't tell how they got THAT rig
into Mexico.

Wes