RE: Clutches

To: "'Elon'" <netstuff@attbi.com>, "'LSR-List'"
Subject: RE: Clutches
From: "rgribble" <rgribble@carolina.rr.com>
Date: Sat, 2 Nov 2002 00:35:48 -0500
Elon,
I sent this to Ed but should have included the List. Hope this helps?
Grib

"Ed,
The Quartermaster TO Brg. Is free wheeling, on the back side it rests
against three bolt heads on the tranny while it rides on a sleeve bolted
on the ftranny and on the front, it rests up against the multi fingers
of the clutch. There are shims to correct the differences for various
cars. Quatermasters will work with conventional bellhousings. The Tilton
is bolted to the bellhousing and therefore is not a full floater.
Personally I don't think there's a hill of beans difference.

I know this is a long link but it shows the exact configuration which
should help you understand.

http://www.quartermasterusa.com/online_4.html or for Tilton
another site is http://www.race-cars.com/advertsr/tre/trecat10.htm