Re: Using event gas with stock tanks

To: Chuck Rothfuss <crothfuss@coastalnet.com>, land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Using event gas with stock tanks
From: Dick J <lsr_man@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 10 Nov 2002 14:42:34 -0800 (PST)
Hi Chuck,

Last year, with the stock tank, I drained the Camaro bone dry through the fuel
pump while I was still at home. I disconnected the fuel line up near the motor,
and  I rigged a 1 quart Briggs and Stratton tank that hung on little tabs under
the hood and was plumbed into the fuel pump feed line.  That gave me enough to
move the car around, line it up with the trailer, unload it, etc.  Ten minutes
work unhooking the "pit tank" at Maxton and re-connecting the regular fuel feed
line left the car's empty tank ready to be checked.

On the new setup, I'm using a 5 gal fuel cell behind the right front headlight.
 I'm using a NASCAR mechanical pump, so I don't need a return line.  I simply
put a fitting on the return line inlet into the fuel cell, and attached a
shut-off valve.  When it's time to empty it, I'll just put a can under the
valve, open it, and one minute later, it's empty.

Dick J in East Texas

 Chuck Rothfuss <crothfuss@coastalnet.com> wrote:
John, List,

In my early observation of Maxton's new event gas system I figured I'd
just run in fuel class until I got a fuel cell in the car.
Now I'm curoius, with either the stock tank or fuel cell what's the
preferred method of demonstrating that the tank is empty?

Draining fuel by pulling a drain plug on a cell that sits 6" from the
ground doesn't sound like lots of fun, although I could run the car up on
the trailer. I'd prefer to pump the remaining fuel out with the fuel pump
into a grounded container, but I'm not sure this will satisfy the
inspectors. Any advice from those who have been gassing up at Maxton this
year would be appreciated.

Chuck Rothfuss
ECTA